Tuesday 17 August 2010

twEATs! River Cottage Cook-a-Long review

Last night was the twEATs River Cottage Cookalong with chef Tim (on twitter). I personally think it went well and it was a great way to jazz up a Monday evening.
The good points about twEATs was that it was interactive between us and Tim, allowing us to ask questions as we go along which usually we wouldn't be able to do if we were just following a recipe. I also enjoyed the mystery of what the final dish will be as the ingredients were put on the website on friday and us fellow tweeters had no clue until the dish was made.

The bad points were that it took a long time to cook a simple dish because we had to wait for the next tweet. And somehow at the end I had parmesan and thyme left over which were on the ingredients list. Luckily Tim was on hand to answer my tweet about what to do with the parmesan!
I just wish that Tim cooked something not from one of River Cottage's cookbook, I know it's part of River Cottage but it would've been more fun if it was something he made up just for the night.
All in all I think it went well and the dish turned out really nice, so nice that I put it all in a tortilla wrap for lunch so all the waiting was worth it in the end. Definately going to do it again if they decide to make this ongoing.

Here are some of our pictures from last night.
Ingredients:



















Final Dish:



No comments:

Post a Comment